Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Damn the DIY

So there seems to be a craze amongst us and it's called DIY, Do it yourself bloody renovations. Bombarded i am with magazines and tv programs professing the easy and cheap nature of DIY reno's. Lies, all lies. I admitt i have, more than once, been seduced by the romantic notion of redecorating my dated home with the slick styles of today but it's a ruse and after an expensive trip to Bunnings and an afternoon of getting nowhere i'm stuck with a half painted room or unfinished bathroom for at least a month, maybe a year. So rather than renovating, i now have my own version of DIY homeyness. I hone in on a wall that bothers me, i get a big black texta and i draw all over it. A once boring and drab 70's wall with weird marks and old hook holes is now transformed into a wall of whimsy that i love.

1 comment:

stella said...

but does your husband love it?